WORDS THAT WORK IN BUSINESS: A ROADMAP TO TAKING BACK YOUR POWER
This workshop was developed in partnership with The UW-Madison Custom Executive Education, Wisconsin School of Business.
9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Tuesday, April 10, 2012
ATTENDANCE IS LIMITED TO 125 PEOPLE
The Osthoff, Elkhart Lake, WI
Wisconsin organizations like yours know that finding successful, low-conflict outcomes with the people you work with and the clients you serve depends upon people communicating effectively. Effective communication contributes to a positive performance environment, which research shows contributes to bottom-line results.
And listening is more than hearing. Often mismatched listening styles are the biggest contributing factors to conflict and miscommunication.
Become a better communicator! You will learn to better understand how to contribute to relationships based in cooperation and collaboration, express your own needs clearly, and resolve conflict without attacking, which minimizes the likelihood of defensive reactions in others. You will learn to make clear requests and to receive critical, even hostile messages, without taking them personally, giving in, or losing self-esteem. These skills are useful personally and professionally.
Course Description: This intensive workshop for private, public, and non-profit leaders features hands-on tools and interactive exercises to develop or enhance existing communication skills that help you resolve difficult situations. Attendees will learn how to make conscious, honest communication choices to build authentic connections and strengthen strategic relationships to better serve their clients, organization, and themselves.
- Acquire essential tools to improve the quality of communication with others inside and outside your organization.
- Identify situations that block connections before they cause conflict.
- Distinguish between feelings, thoughts, and needs to build more consistent messages.
- Manage your silence and choice of words in difficult situations to reduce conflict.
- Enhance your communication skills to inspire action and heal relationships.
- Build confidence to make conscious choices during challenging situations without compromising your values and your organization’s mission.
Registration and continental breakfast
9:00 - 10:15 a.m.
10:15 - 10:30 a.m. BREAK
10:30 - Noon
12:00 - 12:45 p.m.
1:00 - 2:15 p.m.
2:15 - 2:30 p.m. BREAK
2:30 - 3:30 p.m.